the notebook problem: you see a notebook. you want to buy the notebook. but you know you have like TEN OTHER NOTEBOOKS. most which are STILL EMPTY. you don’t need to notebook. you’re probably not gonna use the notebook anyway. what’s the point? DONT BUY THE NOTEBOOK. you buy the notebook.
Batman’s real reason for a secret lair.
-image via The Sexy Librarian
okay so imagine an au where the potters live. harry dates oliver wood briefly. james hears of this and pulls harry aside. stares him in the eye with a deadly serious face
“he’s a Keeper”
You made an entire AU that would alter almost every facet of that series
For a pun
You’re a beautiful person.
"Are you serious right now, Dad?"
"No, I’m not serious. I’m Dad. He’s Sirius."
- fandom please I implore you all to talk about Dean Thomas more
- literally yelling for a red card during a Quidditch match
- painting a potter for president banner for his friend HOW CUTE
- offering to forge a signature so that same friend could go to the village with the rest of them
- actually he paints banners supporting Harry on two separate occasions four years apart
- is it weirder that he keeps doing that or that Harry keeps getting himself into situations where he requires banners
- good with a quill be still my beating heart the boy is an artist
- literally not giving a single fuck that their teacher was a “dangerous half-breed” because he respected the hell out of him as a person and educator
- IF YOU MEAN PROFESSOR LUPIN, HE WAS THE BEST WE EVER -
- and he grew up as a muggle so he had already been exposed to werewolf folklore and he had every excuse to be afraid or prejudiced and instead decided to judge him on a human level, even without the familiarity the trio etc. had to him
- standing up for that same teacher time and time again
- including to a ministry official who he just generally gave the sass to anyway
- never losing his faith in Harry even when his very best friend in the whole world and approximately 89% of the wizarding community basically thought the bloke was a nutjob
- convincing his best mate to join DA
there was a fair bit of an anti-dean sentiment in HBP best to ignore that then
- never having any animosity towards his friend for getting together with his ex-girlfriend so soon
- completely supporting and defending Harry while on the run because OBVIOUSLY why stop now after seven years of doing literally that at every single opportunity
- being completely bemused by but always kind towards Luna
- helping to dig the grave on the beach
- running out into the final battle without a fucking wand
- evidently winning one at some point
- everything to do with him and Seamus however you want to view their relationship but frankly I could do a whole other post on that
also I met Alfie once and he was so pretty
- dEAN THOMAS
Still pretty proud of my response to this.
I was totally down with the change over already, but not knowing the backstory, this just convinced me so hard that Captain America needs to be a minority right now.
Before, Marvel said, “This is what you want? Well fuck you, he isn’t going to help you.”
Now Marvel is saying, “This is who you’re throwing under the bus? Who you’re tossing into prison like he doesn’t mean anything? Who you demonize regularly? Well fuck you, he’s going to save you anyway.”
And as far as the Thor thing, that whole, “If he be worthy part,” yeah, they’re giving the finger to the patriarchy right there saying, “Hey, women are worthy too.”
If these two things were spaced out, I might believe that they were just marketing ploy, but they come so close together at a time where this message is necessary, I can’t help but think that there are people at Marvel who get it and are going with it.
I mean, if they were willing to fight Hitler during WWII, why not be willing to fight some of the evils of today?
Ladies and gentlemen, one of the world’s most pressing problems has finally been solved. There are now fully edible cupcake wrappers. Sorry to those of you who were hoping for world peace or Segway 2.
As much as I’m always saying I want to move out
You’d think an empty house wouldn’t freak me out so much
No such luck
Jon Stewart gets it right on Gaza. This is the reality. It doesn’t matter if Israel tells them beforehand that they’re going to drop bombs. The Gazans have literally no place to run.